The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. I love it and am happy to be part of it!!Here is the criteria that I need to follow:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator.
3. Share 11 random facts about myself.
4. Create 11 questions for my nominees.
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
6. Contact my nominees to let them know that I nominated them.
So here goes...
1. Why did you decide to become a teacher?
I have always wanted to be teacher since as far back as I can remember. I used to make my little brother sit and be the student while I "taught" him. :)
2. What are a few of your favorite TV shows?
I am not much of a sitcom fan but I LOVE some reality T.V.! My fave right now has to be Big Brother! (sorry to admit that)
3. How are you spending your summer break?
I just had my mom visit from Idaho and now we are gearing up for a week in Biloxi, MS where we met up with ALL my family. We do it ever year and have a blast!
4. What educational websites or apps do you like for your students to utilize?
I like to use:
ixl.com5. Where are your favorite places to shop? I really like NY and Co. for work clothes, Old Navy and Gap for casual. For household I love Pottery Barn, Etsy, Target and Michael's.
6. What is your pet peeve? When parents actually think that I am the one treating their child unfair or it is my fault that they are misbehaving in class. Urks me to no end!!
7. What makes the state you live in a great place to visit? The beaches!
8. What is your favorite subject to teach? Why? Reading, I love to watch the children grow in their abilities and their love for reading! I try really hard to show them how much fun it is to read and how they can learn so much from just doing it!
9. What's one new thing you are going to implement this new school year? Why? Using a student dictionary. I have wanted to for awhile and never have. I think it will be a huge help for the spelling strugglers.
10. How do you manage grading papers where you are not left with stacks upon stacks? I grade the most important ones and then just check off on the others.
11. What random act of kindness have done in 2013? Well, I enjoy cooking and I am always making things for others. I bring in the office staff goodies during the summer and I bring my teacher friends lunch from dinner leftovers during the school year.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I love to make things (crafts, sew, decorate, etc)
2. I love to eat healthy and try new recipes
3. I enjoy working out (yes I really do) :)
4. I ran a marathon (Marine Corps Marathon) two years ago
5. I am married to a Marine (could have figured that out huh?)
6. I was the first person in all my family to go to college
7. I love shopping and fashion
8. I was a stay at home mom with both my kids before I was a teacher
9. I love action movies
10. I adore Pintrest
11. I have 2 tattoo's
Fun in Second Grade
Life, Love, Literacy
The Sweetest Thing
Simple in Second
Questions for my Nominees:
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
2. What grades have you taught and which do you like the best? Why?
3. What are some of your hobbies outside of teaching?
4. Do you like to travel? If yes, where are places you have been?
5. How do you use technology in the classroom?
6. Do you like/not like the new Common Core?
7. What kinds of movies do you like or have seen lately?
8. Are you a city or a country person?
9. How do you get the attention of your class?
10. How many hours a week do you spend working at home during the school year?
11. If you were not a teacher what would you be?
I can't wait to hear all your answers! Thanks again Portia!!